This policy together with our terms and use and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully and understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our websites or our showrooms you are accepting and consenting to the practices in this policy.
The Arcade (Llandysul) Ltd operates under the trading name Arcade (as our retail outlets). As e-commerce sites we trade under the names of Arcade Wales, Woodburner Warehouse, Woodburner-Spares, Poujoulat Wales & West.
The Arcade (Llandysul) Ltd is registered in Cardiff under registration number 3793497.
Your Information Security
We (The Arcade (Llandysul) Ltd.) will treat all your Personal Information (the details we collect from you and you provide us with) as confidential. We do, however, reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below. We comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation in place.
Personal information will be collected:
- When you enquire and / or shop with us, we collect personal information from you such as your name, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, product selections, card processing or other payment information. The information you give us is given by filling in forms (either instore or online), or by corresponding with us over the phone, by e-mail, post or in person.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product or service in store, by phone, by letter, by email or online.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask one of our employees, sub-contractors or manufacturers to email you information about a product or service.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event.
- When you choose to complete any surveys, we send you.
- When you comment or review any of our products and services.
- When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens in store, a partner may collect your data.
- When you use our retail stores, collect from our warehouse or use our carparks your image may be recorded during your visit by the CCTV systems in operation.
- When you visit our website(s) we may also collect, and our technology providers may collect, analytical, statistical and user information about your visit. This user information enables us to process your order, help us improve the quality of our service, or be used to present you with information, products and services we consider may be relevant to you.
- When you request sales literature to be sent to you.
We do not store any credit card details on our systems. Such information is only used to process your payment via credit card processing companies. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information we receive via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your own personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission will be at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will not sell or release your Personal Information to any company for their mailing or marketing purposes.
What we do with the information you will have provided
The Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any user information from which we can identify you is held in accordance with the registration we hold with the Data Commissioner’s Office.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Processing your enquiry and/or order(s), liaising with you, collecting payment, to provide the product(s), service(s), delivery and/or installation arrangements you have asked for and to maintain and support your warranty rights;
- To contact you for customer service and review reasons once your order has been completed;
- Internal record-keeping, taxation and audit;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve our service and, if you have used our website, to improve our Website and its services to you, to serve website content to you and/or to administer our website(s);
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
- To deal with any warranty or after sales issues relating to your purchase that may arise in the future.
We will not sell or release your Personal Information to any company for their mailing or marketing purposes.
Controlling your information
When ordering you will be given the option to receive further information from us. If you consent, we may periodically notify you of events and demonstrations, new products that may be of interest you, provide information to help you make informed choices, products and services we offer, changes to services and special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. You can opt out of these promotions at any time. Please contact us to update your preferences.
To process your order, your personal information may be disclosed to reputable third parties. Third parties such as sub-contractors and service contractors, manufacturers, banking organisations handling our card payments (including Sagepay and Paypal), courier companies, our accountants / auditors. We require all such third parties to comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
Occasionally we may use manufacturers, sub-contractors or technology partners who are based or who use services outside the European Economic Area (EEA). As a result, your information may be transferred to countries that do not have the same standards or protection for personal information as the UK. However, how we collect, store and use your personal data will continue to be governed by this privacy statement.
If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority to provide your personal information and /or user information, we are entitled to do so.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie name||Cookie Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows us to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where vistors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.|
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm you have given them the information set out in this document, and that they have given permission for us to use their personal information in the way we have described in this section.
- You can change your communication preferences at any time.
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records.
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is incorrect.
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes.
- You are entitled to have a copy of the information we hold on you and to have any inaccurate information corrected. We may charge a small fee for providing a copy of any information we hold about you.
- Our website(s) or emails, may from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertiser and affiliates. If you follow a link to any website, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please address any queries or requests to us in writing. This should be addressed to: The Arcade (Llandysul) Ltd, The Arcade, King Street, Llandysul, Ceredigion. SA44 4DJ.